DOIT approached Auriga to provide an IT solution to manage event where expected attendees were more than 50,000 in the 4 day event. The biggest challenge was to interact with multiple departments to understand their specific requirement for the activities planned by them and deliver complete solution in 6 Week timeframe.
Auriga interacted with multiple departments to capture their requirement and proposed a holistic solution to streamline Pre Event, In Event and Post Event Activities.
- First stage was to build a Web Portal and Mobile app where user can register and subscribe from various activities such as IT Day, Multiple Hackathons, Job Fair, Start Up Showcase and Marathon.
- Once registration were closed, various departments used the system to communicate with participants and confirm the participation so that logistics can be planned accordingly.
- Auriga also build a module for Hackathon Ideas Evaluation and organizer used this module to shortlisted selected ideas and invited them for the event.
- Check In – Auriga built Back End module and Mobile App for DOIT staff to easily check in users for various activities, to provide Event badges, deliver Kits and do on spot registration.
- Seating Plan – Seating plan was created for Hackathon and teams were allocated seats as soon as they checked In.
- Marathon – DOIT needed a cost effective Technology solution to track the time taken by each participant (Approx 5k+ Participant). Auriga proposed a solution where different QR’s were placed at Start, Mid and End Point and users have to scan QR from IT day mobile App and their Geo Location was cross checked from the actual Start Point for fraud detection.
- Gamification – It is quite important to introduce gamification to engage large crowd across 4 days. There were many offline quizzes and activities happening during the event and winners were awarded Coins by scanning the QR on their badge using IT DAY Admin App. Users were able to redeem coins from mobile app by purchasing products like Pen Drive, Speakers which were delivered using the Vending Machine.
- Reimbursement – Hackathon participant has to be reimbursed travel expenses and a system was developed to integrate their bank details, ticket details with account system for an efficient reimbursement process.
- Certificate – Every participant was given a certificate and it was an cumbersome manual exercise till last IT day but not now. There was a simple process to generate certificate based on the actual participation in various activities and send it to user email from a single click.
- 80,000 + Online Registration
- 12,000 + Mobile App Downloads
- 50,000 + Attendees during the event